Monday, October 11, 2004

Building my own Home
I am going to build my own home. Not such a mad idea these days! In the UK alone 20,000 new homes were built by self-builders last year. And it's not so much a struggle as you might imagine, there are good kits and home-building companies who will walk you through every step of the process. Companies like Potton Homes are a good place to start to find out more.

My home is definately going to be a timber framed structure, possibly with a kit from Potton Homes. Although I am leaning towards a Japanese style timber house, although it is quite difficult to get planning permission for houses that do not "fit the mould" - local planning authorities in the UK can reject a design just because of the wrong cladding or window frames, let alone what the actual shape is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

In Association with Amazon.co.uk